Saturday, June 2, 2012

Welcome to Clear Lake!

So, I finally made it to Texas AGAIN!!!! This past week has been absolutely amazing. From spending my last few nights with some of the people I care the most about, to getting on a plane with a great friend who is helping my Chicago world combining to my Texas world, to getting off the plane and seeing the wonderful faces of great friends I have missed! This has been a week of people. I have felt so greatly welcomed back by my Texas family. It almost feels like I never left.

God has already been teaching me so many things even in this first week of my 15 months here. Change is good. It truly is. Change will mold you. It will challenge you. It will make you stronger, so that you are ready for whatever life throws at you. I have experienced so much change in the last month and while it is very sad to leave the North Park part of my life, and to leave my family far far away, I would not have been able to be in this place at this time experiencing a whole new season in my life. God is truly amazing with giving me the peace that makes no sense (Thanks Pastor Judy for engraving this into my head all through school!)

So, I am a week in and the summer is rolling! We are going to be doing some traveling this summer. June 14-16, we are taking the Seniors on a Graduate Retreat to Austin. Then we leave the next day with our Jr Highers to South Texas with Mission Discovery to help build houses and build relationships with the children right on the border. Then we have a week off, and we leave with our High Schoolers to Jamaica, also with Mission Discovery! There we will work with an Orphanage there with some of their needs.


Prayers for this and other activities will be greatly appreciated. Thank you truly for all of your love and support. If you want to know anything about whats going on, let me know! Ask anyone, I love to talk about TEXAS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great update Kim. I loved reading it and I know God will use you down there! I'm so excited to see how and hear the stories. Leave your mark every day and make a difference that will last into eternity. I love you and am so proud of you!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and nice picture of John you posted!!! Mean friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly Rocks!

    I love you!
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete