Saturday, June 23, 2012

Jr. Highers AMAZE me!

Scott Rubin, my old jr high youth pastor, said it all the time. Jr. Highers are absolutely amazing. 


1 Timothy 4:12 states "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."


CLPC Jr. Highers rocked this! 


We just got back from our mission trip to Hidalgo County, South Texas with Mission Discovery where we worked with two families to repair and rebuild their houses. We painted (A LOT), we put up dry wall, insulated, mudded, sided, fixed a bathroom, repaired a roof and so much more. Our students continued to ask, "what else can I do?" or if we asked for help they would step up right away. 


We also ran a VBS (vacation bible school) for the neighborhood kids. The first day we were supposed to start at 10am and there weren't any kids that showed up. We encouraged the students to start praying and Daniel took some kids on a prayer tour around the neighborhood. At 10:45, we had about 20 kids playing with us! God is good! 


The second day we had about the same number and the third day we had around 30 neighborhood kids! 
Our students gave their testimonies, told bible stories, helped make crafts and just played with kids. 


Our Mission Discovery leader, Maury encouraged the kids on the night before the last day of VBS to tell the kids that God loves them. Honestly I had low expectations for this happening, because we had a language barrier with a lot of the kids, but I overheard at least 5 times, our students saying things like "Do you know how much God loves you?" or "Do you know you have a heavenly father that loves you no matter what?" I was blown away. Our kids were asking how to say it in Spanish and wanted to say it more! 
I love this picture because right before I took it, I heard one of my students say, "GOD LOVES YOU!"
God showed up in big ways with our youth and I am so honored that I got to be apart of it! 


We have this week, and then we leave for Jamaica next Sunday for our High school missions trip, also with Mission Discovery! Prayers are appreciated for that trip as well. 


God is good all the time. All the time God is good!






1 comment:

  1. Kim, you are doing an amazing job with the students! Keep loving and leading them and leave your mark on their hearts. Hope you rest this week before your next adventure and then when you get back...we will be there to visit!!! Can't wait! I love you and miss you but I know you are where you should be right now!

    ReplyDelete