Monday, May 23, 2011

First Official Day

 Today was my first official day of work. This weekend I have been hanging out with the students at any function that they have had so that I could meet them and start building relationships right away. 
I have truly felt God holding my hand and showing up in small and giant ways. Yesterday I met some of the junior high kids and we had a huge water balloon and water gun fight, and the best part of the day was they were leaving and a couple girls looked back and asked me if I was going to be around at TNT, which is the next gathering. When I told her I was going to be around all summer her face lit up. 
When people ask me why I want to go into youth ministry, that right there is a big reason. Just being present in a student's life can show them that someone loves them and someone truly cares enough to spend their time with them. 
I feel so blessed that I get to be one of those people and get paid for it! I get to have water balloon fights at work!!!
 As you can probably tell, I am loving it here is Texas! (Don't worry Mom, I will be coming home in august!) I can't believe I have only been here for a weekend! This summer is going to be an amazing experience! God has already worked in me so much and I JUST STARTED! 

Please pray for my team, Matt- other intern, Daniel-director of student ministries, and I that we build in communication and work well together, so that God can work in us and through us. So that we can be signs, to the students and parents and other members of the community, pointing them to God. So that they can see how God is working in their lives.

1 comment: