Friday, May 27, 2011

Week One

Week one went AMAZING!
This week we have been planning and preparing for our summer. Most of the students I am working with get out of school next week and that is when the summer activities actually start, so the other intern, Matt, Daniel the director or student ministries and I have a lot of work to do to get ready for that to happen. 
Tuesday we spent most of the day talking about the summer and what we are looking to get out of it. We also started brain storming for what to do this summer. 
Through doing this I now have a much better understanding about what I am going to be doing and how we are going to do it.  
That night we went to the Astros/Dodgers game at Minute Maid Park. 
As you can see, it was a beautiful night, even though the Astros lost. 
I got my first set of official business cards. For the picture I blocked out my phone number but look at technology these days. My business card has the iphone scanner so that people don't have to type in my phone number, they can just scan it! 

Then we had the last couple days technically off. 

Yesterday I went to the college bible study that they have over the summer and I am really excited to have it to go to this summer to be a place where I can be fed and poured into. In ministry it is so important to have a place like that. 
Then today some of the students asked me to come over for lunch and volleyball. It honestly felt really good for them to think of me to invite! 
I also got to Skype with the girls today. It was a needed time to see them and talk with them a little. And take funny pictures! 



Today I realized that for one of the first times in my life I am not looking forward to something really. Don't get me wrong I am definitely looking forward to certain activities throughout the summer, but I am in the place where I know that I am supposed to be. I totally can feel God telling me that this is what I am supposed to be doing with my life and my summer. I don't need to be looking forward to something, I need to be living in the moment and living out what God has called me to do. 


Please pray for the students as they head into their last week of school which is finals week for most of them. Pray that they have rest when needed and that they prepare for their exams as much as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment