Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Week Away

Thank you so much for being interested in being part of my prayer support team.

I am a week out and I am getting so excited. 

I wanted to just give some back story on why I am going to Houston and what I will be doing.
I need to do an internship for my youth ministry major at North Park University on the north side of Chicago. I applied to multiple churches and I felt a huge pull to Clear Lake Presbyterian. It was one of the first churches that I pursued and the one that I had at the top of my list from the beginning. 
After a few weeks of applying and interviewing, I was offered the position and accepted it right away. 

In Houston, I will be the female intern which means that I will be a mini youth pastor for the summer, leading the female students of the youth group at Clear Lake Presbyterian. Another intern and I will be learning and growing together to plan and execute the summer programs. 

I leave next Thursday, May 19.

At the moment, if you could pray that I am able to take some time and prepare my heart and mind for what I will be experiencing and learning this summer. Please pray that I will release my anxieties and worries to God and let Him guide my summer. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of my girl! And I am so excited for your adventure this summer!!! I know God is going to use you in some unbelievable ways!!!

    I LOVE YOU!
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, little sister :) and so excited for your summer adventure!! Looking forward to reading all about it. Hope this last week is going smoothly...let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Thanks for including me on your prayer team. I love you!

    ReplyDelete